Tuesday, July 22, 2014

Total + Tip = Math is Hard

A couple months ago Gigi and I went out to dinner. As a good son always does, I let her pay. The bill was $48.65 and she normally requires assistance determining tip amount. We've had this waiter before and he is always great so we agreed $10 seemed appropriate. Actually, she figured it out on her own!

So I started putting on my coat and getting ready to leave when I realized she was still reviewing the bill. "What's wrong?" I asked. Then she began to get angry that I hadn't helped her total the dinner amount plus tip. Seriously? Adding 10 to ANY number is the easiest form of math. And trust me, I suck at math!

PS The restaurant serves flatbread with sun-dried tomato butter before your meal. I only got half a piece of flatbread and was not allowed to use the butter. If I wanted some I would need to ask for more. Her flatbread looked like it was covered in Cool Whip.

No comments:

Post a Comment